Sage Bionetworks, Seattle, WA
Sage Bionetworks is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and imaging data sets. To enhance collaborative efforts, we provide a collaborative compute platform (www.synapse.org) for sharing research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion. We are currently recruiting for a data scientist with bioinformatics experience to work with consortia of biologists and computational biologists to implement collaborative research in a reusable and reproducible manner.
You are fascinated by the potential that lies at the interface between health and technology. You would like to make real-world applications of the computer programming and/or data analysis principles that you learned in school. You think that joining many minds together is the fastest and most accurate way to solve difficult problems – and you want to join those minds.
As part of our systems biology group, you will:
- Collaborate with a senior mentor in a team setting to learn new skills in the context of real-world research.
- Support the development of research communities through the centralization and standardization of data.
- Build visualizations of data and analytical results to facilitate wide-spread use of the research outcomes.
- Assist in the implementation of data and phenotype curation tools.
- Learn to detect and handle technical artifacts in genomic and/or imaging data.
- Provide support to collaborators learning to use the tools and resources that you have created.
- Work with the newest technologies in data analysis and -omics data.
- Create web-accessible records that are reproducible and re-usable of all your analysis.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in bioinformatics, applied math, genomics, computer science, information management or relevant scientific discipline.
- Experience with one or more analytical programming languages (e.g., R, python).
- Experience analyzing and/or visualizing analysis of genomic data.
- Enjoys communicating with a diverse set of people.
- Unrelenting attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and drive projects to completion.
To apply, please forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org