DREAM Challenges use crowdsourcing to answer questions in biology and medicine
As the volume and complexity of bioimedical data continues to increase, it is critical to develop new analysis methods that address fundamental questions that scientists and citizens have about biology and human health. Sage is active in the leadership of DREAM – an organization devoted to leveraging the “wisdom of the crowd” to find new and better computational models and make these methods available to all.
Sage Bionetworks’ open computational platform, Synapse, provides Challenges with a shared working environment that makes it easy for Challenge teams, even those with members spread across the globe, to work together. Synapse’s Challenge infrastructure — registration services, secure access to Challenge data, leaderboards, forums and a provenance-based data analysis system for clear and reproducible science – supports the growing IT demands of large biology and health projects and allows open collaboration to thrive. The results from Sage’s Challenges contribute to a growing knowledge commons hosted on Synapse for continued use by the research community.
In addition to the benefit that Synapse provides to groups running Challenges, Sage Bionetworks’ leaders, computational biologists, data use and oversight experts, and software engineers work in close partnership with Challenge organizers to create a truly synergistic team that is committed to leverage Challenges as a vehicle to address scientific questions and to foster open and collaborative science.
View Open Challenges
- ICGC-TCGA DREAM Somatic Mutation Calling – RNA Challenge (SMC-RNA)
- ENCODE-DREAM in vivo Transcription Factor Binding Site Prediction Challenge
- The Digital Mammography DREAM Challenge
- ICGC-TCGA DREAM Somatic Mutation Calling – RNA Challenge
- Disease Module Identification DREAM Challenge
- ICGC-TCGA DREAM Somatic Mutation Calling Challenge – Tumour Heterogeneity & Evolution
Additional Challenge Information
- Learn about the DREAM community and the DREAM Challenges they run
- Learn about open Challenges
- Learn about and get pre-registered for upcoming Challenges