Research or Senior Scientist
Sage Bionetworks is recruiting a scientist with bioinformatics or computational biology experience to lead integrative genomic analysis within multiple consortia of biologists and computational biologists studying neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric diseases.
Specific Responsibilities Include
Job responsibilities include facilitating research between teams of scientists. Including implementing analyses, coordination of consortium-wide analyses, and cross-project evaluation and integration of results. These projects will advance our molecular understanding of neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric disease biology to eventually refine disease diagnoses or targeted therapeutic intervention.
Specific responsibilities will focus on leading efforts in analysis of primarily genomic data through the following activities:
- Perform research through well-informed biological and methodological strategic decisions on analyses of high throughput genomic data sets.
- Develop novel mechanisms to evaluate and combine outcomes across multiple lines of biological and statistical evidence.
- Develop visualizations.
- Create scientifically rigorous publications, communications and presentations.
- Lead integrated analytical efforts and interpretation of results across collaborators within consortia.
- Work with a high-degree of independence to complete and publish high quality research in a transparent, reproducible manner.
- Coordinate data deposition and analytical outputs across multiple researchers.
- Utilize internally developed software tools to manage collaborations and work closely with the Sage software team to provide feedback on the development of these tools.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics, computer science, statistics or relevant scientific discipline with 3+ years of relevant experience or MS with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Expertise in analyzing and interpreting at-least one of the high-throughput genomics data: next generation sequencing (DNA, RNA, methylation), SNP Arrays, mass spectrometry (proteomics, metabolomics).
- Proficient in at least one of following programming languages: R, Python, or Matlab.
- Extended knowledge of statistical data analysis of genomic data.
- Track record of innovative publications in application of or methodological development of high-dimensional data.
- Expertise with integrative, mechanistic, network, and/or predictive modeling.
- Domain knowledge in neurobiology, neuropsychiatry or inflammatory disease.
- Outstanding ability to manage a cross-disciplinary group of researchers in a collaborative project.
- Experience communicating advanced scientific concepts to a broad audience.
- Experience with high performance compute or cloud computing.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks, is a non-profit organization located in Seattle and dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and imaging data sets. To enhance collaborative efforts, we provide a collaborative compute platform (www.synapse.org) for sharing research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.