Research or Senior Scientist
Sage Bionetworks is recruiting a scientist with bioinformatics experience to lead integrative genomic analysis within one or more consortia of biologists and computational biologists.
Specific Responsibilities Include
Job responsibilities include facilitating research between teams of scientists – for implementation of one’s own analyses, coordination of consortium-wide analyses, and cross-project evaluation and integration of results. These projects will advance our understanding of disease biology and refine disease diagnoses for use in targeted therapeutic intervention.
Specific responsibilities will focus on leading efforts in analysis of large-scale genomic data through the following activities:
• Coordinate data deposition and analytical outputs across multiple researchers.
• Develop mechanisms to evaluate and combine outcomes across multiple lines of biological and statistical evidence
• Develop visualizations for model outcomes across multiple sources.
• Automate the execution of new analysis methods using scripting and statistical programming.
• Lead integrated analytical efforts and interpretation of results across collaborators within consortia.
• Perform research through well-informed biological and methodological strategic decisions on analyses of genomic and/or imaging datasets.
• Work with a high-degree of independence to complete and publish high quality research in a transparent, reproducible manner.
• Utilize internally developed software tools to manage collaborations and work closely with the software team to provide feedback on the development of these tools.
• Interface with software team to provide feedback on platform development including bug reports and feature suggestions.
• Ph.D. or Masters degree in computer science, math, bioinformatics, or relevant scientific discipline – position will be commensurate with experience.
• 5 years of relevant work experience analyzing high-throughput genomics or imaging data or 2 years of experience analyzing remote sensor data.
• Expertise in one or more analytical programming languages (R, MATLAB, perl, python).
• Ability to manage a cross-disciplinary group of researchers in a collaborative project.
• Experience communicating advanced scientific concepts to a broad audience
• Track record of innovative publications in application of or methodological development of integrative analysis of high-dimensional data.
• Domain knowledge in neurobiology, neuropsychiatry or inflammatory disease.
• Experience in the analysis of patient-contributed or remote sensor data.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks, is a non-profit organization located in Seattle and dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and imaging data sets. To enhance collaborative efforts, we provide a collaborative compute platform (www.synapse.org) for sharing research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com.