Software Engineering Intern
Position Overview: Work on projects that make a difference! Sage Bionetworks (www.sagebase.org) is a leading nonprofit biomedical research organization located on the Fred Hutch campus in South Lake Union. We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes and furthering our understanding of human diseases by integrating diverse clinical, genomic, imaging, and real-time sensor data to better predict disease progression and response to interventions.
Specific Responsibilities Include
• Own a software development project adding new features to a Sage platform in areas such as cloud computing, scientific / statistical analysis, data visualization, or mobile health
• Collaborate with a senior engineer mentor in a collaborative environment including team software design and technology review meetings
• Develop experience writing code for and working on a cloud computing platform
• Learn practical professional engineering skills working on a team that utilizes agile development methods
• Work on a small team (~7 people) and gain exposure to the complete software development lifecycle; we deploy new code for our scientist users several times a month
• Write open-source code; your resume can link to your code written during your internship!
• Enrollment in an accredited degree program working towards a degree in computer science or a related discipline with at least one term to finish after the completion of the internship
• Ability to commit to a 6 month, full time position
• Experience with
– Variety of operating systems including Unix/Linux/Windows
– A variety of programming languages (Java, Python. etc.)
• Some familiarity with software development tools (Eclipse, Maven, GitHub, Docker)
• Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
• Self-starter with the ability to multitask and drive projects to completion
Sage Bionetworks offers an hourly salary for this position, rate dependent on experience.To apply, please click here.