Research Scientist – Mobile Health
Do you want to help guide the mobile health revolution to enable remote and frequent monitoring of health? Sage Bionetworks is currently looking to hire a scientist in our mobile health analytics group to help design the next generation of research and health applications.
Sage Bionetworks is currently recruiting for a scientist with experience in remote sensors, signal processing and/or machine learning. We are actively running clinical studies that use wearable sensors and smartphones to quantify symptoms of disease and health. You would be joining a team of computational scientists, software engineers and clinicians to analyze data from thousands of patients and to help design new tests to be incorporated in future studies using smartphones.
About you: You have a background in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, computer science, statistics, bioinformatics or related computational fields. You have experience working with time series data in measuring biological processes such as accelerometers, force plates, heart rate monitors, etc.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Design new modules for measuring phenotypes using sensors embedded in a smartphone (accelerometer, gyroscope, pressure sensors, microphone, etc).
- Extract features from sensor data and apply supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods to quantify disease.
- Create web-accessible analyses that are reproducible and re-usable.
- Work with our software team that builds mHealth applications to drive new experiments.
- Automate the execution of new analysis methods using scripting and statistical programming.
- A graduate degree in a quantitative field such as EE, BME, applied math, CS, bioinformatics etc.
- Signal processing experience.
- Experience working within a team of biologists, statisticians and software engineers to compile, format, and analyze large, high-dimensional data sets for downstream analysis.
- Software development experience, including strong programming skills in a high level language (especially Python, R or Matlab).
- Experience with Linux shell scripting and running distributed analyses.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks, is a non-profit organization located in Seattle and dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and remote sensor data sets. To enhance collaborative efforts, we provide a collaborative compute platform (www.synapse.org) for sharing research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion and bridge for collecting data from mHealth applications.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.