Research Scientist – Precision Medicine
Work on projects that make a difference! Sage Bionetworks is a leading nonprofit biomedical research organization dedicated to improving patient outcomes and furthering the understanding of human health and disease. We focus on integrating clinical, genomic, imaging, real-time sensor, and other biomedical data for the prediction of disease progression and response to interventions. We are committed to accelerating biomedical research through open practices and collaborative research efforts.
We are seeking a research scientist to join our mobile health team to implement the use of mobile technologies to collect real-world evaluations of health and disease. This team includes biomedical and computational scientists, software engineers, designers, and clinicians working together on the development and implementation of a new generation of medical studies that test the use of mobile technologies for data collection and participant engagement.
The research scientist will guide study design and analytical objectives across a wide range of mobile health studies. This will include our work within the NIH-funded Precision Medicine Initiative where we are developing mobile tests to monitor health across a cohort of 1 million US residents. It will also include work across a series of other studies with academic and/or industry partners.
You are fascinated by the potential that lies at the interface between health and technology. You would like to identify new ways to use technology to improve and personalize health care. You want to provide patients with a mechanism to monitor and manage their own health. You think that joining many minds together is the fastest and most accurate way to solve difficult problems.
Specific Responsibilities Include
As part of our mobile health team, you will:
- Inform study design, data collection and analysis plans for mobile health projects.
- Lead internal efforts to prioritize health conditions that can be meaningfully monitored using smartphone and/or wearable technologies in our studies, including the PMI AllofUs cohort.
- Contribute to internal efforts to evaluate existing mobile technologies for utility in monitoring these health and disease conditions of interest.
- Manage the clinical validation of smartphone-based tests developed at Sage to monitor health conditions (e.g., gait and balance tests or hearing tests).
- Lead internal teams to complete mobile health projects from design to analysis.
- Translate knowledge across boundaries – helping clinicians understand technology and helping engineers understand biology.
- Serve as liaison with external partners in the mHealth community including clinicians and researchers within the medical, academic, and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Work in a collaborative fashion with the internal Sage team to ensure that work is thoughtfully guided and rapidly completed.
- Prepare and present oral and written publications describing this work.
- Contribute to business development through grant-writing, fund-raising and the initiation of new collaborations.
- D. or M.D. with some training in bioengineering, biomedical science, or informatics.
- Experience in mobile health or telemedicine studies.
- Experience with one or more analytical programming languages (e.g., R, python) is a plus.
- Enjoys communicating with a diverse set of people.
- Unrelenting attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and drive projects to completion.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com