Sage Bionetworks is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing biomedical research by redefining how complex biological data is gathered, shared, and used through open systems, incentives and norms. We are remodeling the roles played by individuals and groups, patients and researchers. Since the 2015 launch of Apple’s open source ResearchKit platform, Sage Bionetworks has been an integral partner in the design, development and launch of smartphone-enabled clinical studies across multiple disease areas. Our mHealth program is designed to improve disease characterization through the use of sensor-based technologies and bi-directional feedback to improve health monitoring and provide quantitative metrics to assess disease impact on quality of life. We maximize the insights gained from these efforts by providing them through a collaborative compute platform (www.synapse.org) to enable sharing of research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion. As part of this program, we have recently been awarded funding to develop and implement these ideas within the context of President Obama’s Precision Medicine Initiative. We are currently recruiting for a clinician or medical fellow to join our mobile health team.
You are fascinated by the potential that lies at the interface between health and technology. You would like to identify new ways to use technology to improve and personalize health care. You want to provide patients with a mechanism to monitor and manage their own health. You think that joining many minds together is the fastest and most accurate way to solve difficult problems.
Specific Responsibilities Include
As part of our mobile health team, you will:
- Serve as the clinical expert on project teams to inform study design, data collection and analysis, ensuring that projects are directed towards maximal clinical utility.
- Participate in the analysis of mHealth-collected data to assess the utility of these data within the context of the medical research.
- Serve as the medical monitor on Sage-sponsored clinical research studies.
- Serve as liaison with external partners in the mHealth community including clinicians and researchers within the medical, academic, and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Work in a collaborative fashion with the internal Sage team to ensure that work is thoughtfully guided and rapidly completed.
- Prepare and present oral and written publications describing this work.
- Support the development of open communities of researchers working together to solve problems and maximize opportunities in mHealth.
- M.D. with experience in medical informatics, bioinformatics, and/or applied math.
- Experience with one or more analytical programming languages (e.g., R, python) is a plus.
- Enjoys communicating with a diverse set of people.
- Unrelenting attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and drive projects to completion.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com