We are currently recruiting for a data scientist with bioinformatics experience to work with consortia of biologists and computational biologists to implement collaborative research in a reusable and reproducible manner.
About you: You are fascinated by the potential that lies at the interface between health and technology. You would like to make real-world applications of the computer programming and/or data analysis principles that you learned in school. You think that joining many minds together is the fastest and most accurate way to solve difficult problems – and you want to join those minds.
Specific Responsibilities Include
• Collaborate with a senior mentor in a team setting to learn new skills in the context of real-world research.
• Support the development of research communities through the centralization and standardization of data.
• Build visualizations of data and analytical results to facilitate wide-spread use of the research outcomes.
• Assist in the implementation of data and phenotype curation tools.
• Learn to detect and handle technical artifacts in genomic and/or imaging data.
• Provide support to collaborators learning to use the tools and resources that you have created.
• Work with the newest technologies in data analysis and -omics data.
• Create web-accessible records that are reproducible and re-usable of all your analysis.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in bioinformatics, applied math, genomics, computer science, information management or relevant scientific discipline.
• Experience with one or more analytical programming languages (e.g., R, python).
• Experience analyzing and/or visualizing analysis of genomic data.
• Enjoy communicating with a diverse set of people.
• Unrelenting attention to detail.
• Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to multitask and drive projects to completion.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks, is a non-profit organization located in Seattle and dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and imaging data sets. To enhance collaborative efforts, we provide a collaborative compute platform (www.synapse.org) for sharing research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com.