Research Associate – Mobile Health Outreach
We are seeking a creative person to play an integral part in open science initiatives that sit at the intersection of research, patient/citizen engagement and technology.
Sage Bionetworks is engaged in a number of mobile health (mHealth) research studies, and is looking for a Research Associate, mHealth Outreach to provide direct online and phone support to participants in our mHealth research studies, assist with quality improvement, monitor the impact of the mHealth initiatives, and build awareness of our mHealth projects.
Join our team and facilitate a new generation of medical studies powered by mobile technologies.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide participant support and outreach needs in a timely, efficient, and professional manner. Ensure all participant support and outreach is compliant with applicable research guidelines and regulations.
- Read and comprehend research protocols in order to understand study parameters and features.
- Become familiar with specific research applications to be able to problem-solve and provide first-level technical support to mHealth study participants.
- Document participant feedback, evaluate unaddressed needs, and provide recommendations to improve participant experience in mHealth studies.
- Plan and execute outreach activities to promote Sage’s mHealth initiatives.
- Develop educational and awareness communications to serve multiple audiences.
- Build and maintain relationships with health communities (e.g. foundations, clients and advocacy groups), scientists, software engineers, ethics experts, external partners and advisors.
- Handle sensitive and confidential material
- Help with Institutional Review Board and other ethics regulatory filings
- Occasionally represent Sage at community events
- BS or other scientific degree; emphasis on health science, public health and health education preferred
- Experience in human data protection and medical research
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Experience in designing content and developing multi-media information campaign
- Ability to write clear, detailed technical correspondence.
- 3+ years supporting research studies investigating human health and disease preferred
- Knowledge of ethical principles and privacy regulations as well as federal and state law pertaining to the ethical conduct of human subjects research.
- Project management experience, preferably with software or scientific teams
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in a collaborative team setting
To apply, for this position please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
Sage Bionetworks is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing biomedical research by redefining how complex biological data is gathered, shared, and used through open systems, incentives and norms. We are remodeling the roles in the scientific process that are played by individuals and groups, patients and researchers.
Sage offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. We are based in Seattle, WA and collaborate broadly throughout the world.