Project Manager, Systems Biology
Sage Bionetworks is seeking a program manager to join the neuroscience research team. This group focuses on research collaborations where teams of scientists work together to advance scientific goals and establish community consensus on outcomes. We develop and test social, technical and scientific solutions to foster open practices and enable collaborative research. These solutions include Synapse (synapse.org), a collaborative research platform designed to enable sharing of research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion in real-time as research is performed. They also include DREAM challenges (dreamchallenges.org), a volunteer organization of analysts that work together to establish benchmarks for computational biological methodologies through open analytical challenges. The Project Manager will primarily work to organize the internal team in their work across a cluster of distributed research communities focusing on neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric diseases.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate internal resources to achieve project goals and timelines.
- Work with project lead(s) to coordinate scientific collaborations across multiple academic institutions.
- Work with internal scientists and engineers to develop common strategies and processes for the hosting, curation, and annotation of large clinical and genomic data sets.
- Work with diverse external teams to maintain common process across all consortia.
- Lead communications efforts to distribute information across research communities.
- Assist in grant and technical writing.
- PhD, MS or other scientific degree
- Effective and efficient communication skills for diverse audience.
- Ability to write clear, detailed technical correspondence.
- Project management experience, preferably with software or scientific teams.
- Knowledge of genomic data generation and analysis techniques preferred.
About Sage Bionetworks: Sage Bionetworks, http://www.sagebase.org, is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. In collaboration with scientists around the world, we build robust computational models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic, imaging, and mHealth data sets. To enhance collaborative efforts, we leverage a compute platform (www.synapse.org) for sharing research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion.
Sage offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please complete your applications here.