Program Manager – Synapse and Research Collaborations
Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
Work on projects that make a difference! Sage Bionetworks is a leading nonprofit biomedical research organization dedicated to improving patient outcomes and furthering the understanding of human health and disease. We focus on integrating clinical, genomic, imaging, real-time sensor, and other biomedical data to better predict disease progression and response to interventions. We are committed to accelerating biomedical research by developing open technology platforms and programs that allow researchers around the world to more easily collaborate on large-scale scientific problems.
We are seeking a program manager to work with our diverse team to guide the development and implementation of our scientific and technological services. This is a project-based role that will work closely with senior management and will adapt in a dynamic manner to meet the needs of the organization. The Synapse Program Manager will join the team responsible for the development and support of Synapse, our platform for championing open community approaches to scientific research. The successful candidate will be able to guide product development, support research collaborations, and coordinate work across multi-disciplinary teams.
Specific Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Systematically assess and report on the scientific and technological opportunities for Sage to support collaborative research. Provide intelligence on the capabilities and needs of Sage competitors, partners, and customers to senior management and help develop the program’s strategic direction and product roadmap.
- Develop use cases and requirements to guide the development of extensions to our technology platform, and partner with designers and community managers to obtain and integrate user feedback.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and feedback on Synapse to the core engineering team. Develop and maintain effective channels of communication to keep the user community informed on new platform capabilities and other Sage programs, and build compelling, customer-focused content that develops the user community.
- Develop and implement a plan for marketing and community building within our user groups, and assess the effectiveness of customer outreach and retention over time to build the user base. Lead outreach activities that may include developer meet-ups, representation at scientific meetings, and/or user workshops. Develop documentation, tutorials, workshops, and other training materials that and partner with the research team to deliver training and support to the Synapse user community.
- Help organize and support Sage’s contribution to the DREAM community, for the running of open analytical data challenges. This will include management of internal resources to ensure effective and efficient support is provided and interaction with DREAM leadership to develop, resource, and implement overall strategy for the organization.
- Contribute to business development including development of collaborations, fund-raising and/or grant writing.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Genomics or similar technical degree.
- 3+ years in professional product management roles, preferably supporting scientific / biomedical user communities.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills with the ability to communicate with variety of technical and non-technical collaborators and drive projects to successful conclusions.
- Versatile technical and analytical skills in a variety of technical environments, including:
- Familiarity with professional software development tools (GitHub, Jira, etc) and agile software development practices
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and balance many parallel tasks
- Some travel may be required
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
Sage Bionetworks is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing biomedical research by redefining how complex biological data is gathered, shared, and used through open systems, incentives and norms. We are remodeling the roles in the scientific process that are played by individuals and groups, patients and researchers.
Sage offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. We are based in Seattle, WA and collaborate broadly throughout the world.