Program Manager – Mobile Health
Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
Work on projects that make a difference! Sage Bionetworks is a leading nonprofit biomedical research organization dedicated to improving patient outcomes and furthering the understanding of human health and disease. We focus on integrating clinical, genomic, imaging, real-time sensor, and other biomedical data for the prediction of disease progression and response to interventions. We are committed to accelerating biomedical research through open practices and collaborative research efforts.
We are seeking a program manager to join our mobile health team. This team includes computational scientists, software engineers, designers, and clinicians working together on the development and implementation of a new generation of medical studies that use mobile technologies for data collection and participant engagement.
The program manager will coordinate and guide project-specific efforts including our work within the NIH-funded Precision Medicine Initiative where we are developing mobile tests to monitor health and disease across a cohort of 1 million US residents. The program manager will also work with senior management to implement a strategic plan for coordinated development of services across the mobile health division.
Specific Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work with senior management on strategic development of our mobile health services. This will include building use cases to guide the development to our technology platform, and partnering with scientists, designers and engineers to build a set of services that enable researchers to perform effective mobile health studies.
- Manage internal efforts to define content for our mobile studies. As an example, you will design and manage a process to identify health conditions amenable to mobile testing in the PMI cohort and to evaluate the spectrum of technological approaches available to measure these conditions.
- Serve as liaison with external partners in the mHealth community including clinicians and researchers within the medical, academic, and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Work in a collaborative fashion with the internal Sage team to ensure that projects are thoughtfully guided and rapidly completed.
- Systematically assess the scientific and technological opportunities for Sage in mobile health including the evaluation of the capabilities and needs of Sage competitors, partners, and customers to inform the program’s strategic direction.
- Contribute to business development including initiating new collaborations, fund-raising and/or grant writing activities.
- MS or PhD degree in the Biological Sciences, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, or similar.
- 5+ years supporting research studies investigating human health and disease. Proven experience managing complex, multidisciplinary projects.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical collaborators and drive projects to successful conclusions. Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and balance many parallel tasks.
- Some travel may be required.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
Sage Bionetworks is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing biomedical research by redefining how complex biological data is gathered, shared, and used through open systems, incentives and norms. We are remodeling the roles in the scientific process that are played by individuals and groups, patients and researchers.
Sage offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. We are based in Seattle, WA and collaborate broadly throughout the world.