Operations and QA Automation Engineer
Want to help develop mobile applications that change our understanding of human diseases and improve the lives of patients around the world? Want to work on emerging mobile sensor technologies to capture human health data in new ways?
Sage Bionetworks is leading an effort to transform biomedical research and healthcare by making more open and focused on individuals – in sickness and in health. We have developed a technology platform to support mobile health studies. Recently, our system was featured as the back end for the initial apps launched though Apple’s Research Kit initiative, where we support mobile-driven clinical studies in Parkinson Disease, Breast Cancer, and other areas.
We are recruiting an engineer / IT professional who can help lead efforts to scale our infrastructure to support a growing number of users and partners.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Evolve and maintain the continuous automated release process for mobile health services and mobile health applications.
- Define appropriate uptime, performance, and other operational metrics for back-end systems and develop monitoring and reporting systems ensure they are met on continuous basis.
- Define and ensure quality standards are met for mobile app and other software releases by developing appropriate test plans and processes; coordinate manual testing distributed across other Sage employees and contractors.
- Help define engineering roadmap and architecture though assessments of external cloud computing services
- Ensure engineering practices meet the compliance and quality needs of the organization
- Ability to contribute to server-side software engineering efforts is a bonus, but not the primary job focus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- Extensive experience deploying, testing, and supporting software products with significant user communities. Proven experience developing new products in rapidly changing start-up environment strongly preferred.
- Practical agile development skills, and experience with continuous build – test – deploy environments and tools.
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing platforms and practical experience applying these technologies to drive quality and operational improvements
- Strong systems administration skills on Linux and Apple platforms
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and succeed in a start-up environment
About the Team
Sage Bionetworks (www.sagebase.org) is a leading nonprofit biomedical research organization dedicated to improving patient outcomes and furthering our understanding of human diseases. We focus on integrating diverse clinical, genomic, imaging, and real-time sensor data to better predict disease progression and response to interventions. Sage was founded in 2009 as a non-profit spinoff from Rosetta Inpharmatics (Merck) to pioneer open approaches to advancing biomedical research. We are based in Seattle, US and collaborate broadly throughout the world.
- 12 person professional software engineering team embedded in a 40 person research institute with world class experts in genomics, bioinformatics, statistics, and computational biology
- Entrepreneurial environment and freedom to rapidly develop technological solutions to complex problems
- Emphasis on test-driven development, continuous builds, and rapid automated deployments
- Collaborative environment working with leading academic and industry partners
Sage offers a comprehensive benefits package, including relocation benefits, to bring the right talent to the team. To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.