Data Visualization Expert
Sage Bionetworks is recruiting for a data visualization expert/front-end engineer with experience building data visualizations for the web. You would be joining a team of computational scientists, software engineers and data scientists to help communicate scientific results and provide intuitive interaction with the underlying data.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Work with scientists and bioinformaticians generating data and analysis to design ways of displaying data interactively through the web
- Work with data curators to design backend data stores
- Build and deploy designs
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, bioinformatics or related computational field.
- Proven track record of building websites including data visualizations.
- Modern web development experience.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting and running distributed analyses.
- Experience with deploying web sites to cloud service providers.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks, is a non-profit organization located in Seattle and dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and remote sensor data sets. To enhance collaborative efforts, we provide a collaborative compute platform (www.synapse.org) for sharing research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion and bridge for collecting data from mHealth applications.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.