Scientist and Senior Scientist, Computational Oncology
Sage Bionetworks is currently recruiting for computational biologist / research scientists at multiple levels with an interest and strong background in cancer research. This position presents the opportunity to support and lead research teams focused on a diverse set of questions in cancer. Ideal candidates will have a background in pre-clinical and translational medicine, and an appreciation of efforts to incorporate `omics’ data into clinical practice. We are active in a number of disease areas including immune-oncology, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, NF1 & 2, lower grade gliomas, and large pan cancer studies.
• Support the interaction with external research consortia to develop bioinformatics analysis and visualizations of genomic data in collaboration with clinicians, biologists, foundations and other bioinformaticians in academia and industry.
• Design, develop, and lead research projects, from inception to publication, in various cancer domains including:
• Prognostic modeling of patient outcomes
• Predictive modeling of drug response
• Analysis of functional screen data e.g. drug response, siRNA
• Integrative genomic modeling
• Design and develop algorithms for interrogating and interpreting complex genomic data.
• Work closely with Sage and DREAM scientists to develop DREAM Challenges around impactful questions in cancer research.
• Candidate will hold a Ph.D. in computer science, bioinformatics, or related quantitative discipline.
• Strong candidates will also be considered holding Masters or Bachelors degree, with 6+ years of significant relevant work experience and strong track records of bioinformatics analysis.
• Experience working with high dimensional genomic data, such as sequencing data, gene expression, genotype, CNV, sequence and/or data from other high throughput biological technologies.
• Demonstrated excellence in research with evidence of advancing an area of computational biology.
• Professional software development experience, including strong programming skills in a high level language such as Python, R, or Java.
• An understanding of advanced machine learning or statistical techniques, such as probabilistic graphical models, Bayesian inference, and optimization methods.
• A passion for open-access innovation.
• Strong collaboration, teamwork, and communication skills.
• A desire to change the world and contribute to the elimination of human disease.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks, is a non-profit organization located in Seattle and dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and imaging data sets. Sage offers a comprehensive benefits package, including relocation benefits to bring the right talent to the team.
To apply for this position, please click here.