Sage Bionetworks, Seattle, WA
Sage Bionetworks is a leading nonprofit biomedical research organization dedicated to developing predictors of disease and accelerating biomedical research through open systems, incentives, and standards. We were recently ranked as the 2nd best place to work in academia in a worldwide survey. We invite you to be a part of our revolutionary research in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood. www.sagebase.org
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and programmatic support to the organization. This position will report to the President, and will have opportunities to work with all areas of the organization. We see this position as a critical part of our team.
- Administrative duties for the President including making travel, meeting and event arrangements; managing calendars; and assisting in preparing reports and presentations.
- Additional admin support for the leadership team, including travel, scheduling meetings, and expense reimbursement.
- Working within the Office of the President, this position will serve as a first point of contact to external collaborators and clients.
- Event planning related to both the organization’s annual meeting and Sage sponsored workshops and conferences.
- Office management work to include maintaining office supplies, managing mail, and escorting visitors.
- Working across the organization in ways that bring value to a project. For example, supporting communication activities specific to a research project or study, assisting in recruitment and website maintenance, and in other ways as determined.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an administrative assistant or project manager.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and Internet research skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other presentation software.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with good follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment with program and technical staff.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Able to represent organization in a professional manner.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Up-to-date with advancements in office gadgets and applications.
- Experience with WordPress or other web site management software.
- Project management experience.
Sage Bionetworks is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including employer supported health insurance and transportation benefits, and an employer matched 403(B) plan.